Sunday, February 17, 2013

Day 5 - Settle



http://umrethinkchurch.tumblr.com/post/43288991817/day5

“When you have come into the land that the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance to possess, and you possess it, and settle in it, you shall take some of the first of all the fruit of the ground, which you harvest from the land that the LORD your God is giving you, and you shall put it in a basket and go to the place that the LORD your God will choose as a dwelling for his name. You shall go to the priest who is in office at that time, and say to him, “Today I declare to the LORD your God that I have come into the land that the LORD swore to our ancestors to give us.”- Deuteronomy 26:1-3

“Where is your wandering and journeying leading you to settle down?”

In the past 4.5 years, I have lived in three states.  In that time, I have lived with relatives and roommates, in other peoples’ homes and in a tiny apartment.  My belongings were usually scattered across no less than two states depending on where I lived.  Not having everything with me caused anxiety at times, especially when it was time to move again or when I couldn’t find something I needed – Was it in that box at so-and-so’s house?  Is it in my storage unit in this state or the other one?  Did I give it to Goodwill when I initially moved?  What will I be able to take with me?  How long before I can get my belongings?  I am finally in my own home and it feels wonderful but my mind is never far from the time when I wandered.  I knew God had a plan for me but it was frustrating and humbling and at times I struggled to be joyful. 

I have no idea where my wandering and journeying is leading me to settle down but I know it is more than my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment