Sunday, February 17, 2013

Day 3 - See

 
 

“What I’m interested in seeing you do is: sharing your food with the hungry, inviting the homeless poor into your homes, putting clothes on the shivering ill-clad, being available to your own families. Do this and the lights will turn on, and your lives will turn around at once.  Your righteousness will pave your way.  The God of glory will secure your passage.  Then when you pray, God will answer.  You’ll call out for help and I’ll say, ‘Here I am.’” -Isaiah 58: 7-9

 
I need to see with new eyes how I spend my money.  Not just on what, but when and how and what my mindset is when I am doing so.  Am I tithing with a joyful heart or begrudgingly because the plate is being passed and I don’t want to look like a cheapskate?  The things on which I spend my money – Whom does it benefit?  Does it go to a corporation that will give a miniscule portion to the person who made the product?  Will my purchase encourage poverty and exploitation or will it stand up for others?   



No comments:

Post a Comment