Sunday, February 17, 2013

Day 2 - Return




http://umrethinkchurch.tumblr.com/post/43060170230/day2
"Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit in the wilderness, where for forty days he was tempted by the devil. He ate nothing at all during those days, and when they were over, he was famished." -Luke 4: 1-2
 
”As we continue in this season of Lent, is there something from which you are returning or are turning [away]? If so, what is it that will sustain you as you continue on this journey? Who is it that travels with you? What are you bringing with you?”

I live in a railroad town.  Tracks are strewn everywhere and I usually don’t drive anywhere in a given day without crossing them at least twice.  I find myself annoyed when delayed by a train crossing - which only seems to happen when I am late for work - but I should be thankful for it.  Those brief moments cause me to stop what I’m doing and be still.  I need to return to stillness.  I need to take more “railroad” breaks in my life.  Every day.  I will bring my Bible, journal, phone (only as a camera) and an open heart.  This project will help me stay focused on my journey and I look forward to what I find along the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment